Elegance

Elegance
Elegance

Education

Education
Education

Experience

Experience
Experience

Why a YouTube Channel?


Hello Blog Buddies!

I thought I would write a quick Blog explaining why I have 'taken the plunge' and 
started a Youtube channel.
For many, many years now, I have been a great fan of YouTube. The practicalities and sheer helpfulness of Youtube appeals to me. Where else can you find out how to change a washer on your specific brand of washing machine or learn how to crochet over a weekend? 

People take time out of their busy schedules to film themselves doing all sorts of helpful tasks such as, how to hang pictures correctly, or how to braid your daughter's hair into a 'mermaid tale'. You can learn how to make the perfect boiled egg and even how to make jam. If you can type it in, you can pretty much find out how to do it. (It is also interesting to note, that the largest watchers of Youtube is the over forty population... and its growing!)

All if this is available from the comfort of your own living room, is at your fingertips, and is only for the cost of your current internet provider!


I started my channel at the start of the year after much encouragement and support from my friends and family. It took all my courage to post my first video as I found it quite daunting thinking about what people would think about my small contribution to the cyber world.

I am pleased to report, that I have had nothing but positive comments and encouragement from those who have watched the videos and I am starting to feel a little more relaxed about the process! (Yay!)


The main purpose for creating my new channel was to continue to connect with fellow teachers and parents across the globe to share ideas and laughter. Parenting and teaching are two of the most difficult things to do in this world. I have found listening to other people talk about the mistakes they have made, as well as the solutions and suggestions for a better way forward, extremely helpful. Therefore, on my new channel I will share ideas, laugh a lot, talk about things that may interest you as well as me as we learn alongside each other. In a world where making meaningful and authentic connections with people is becoming more difficult, I believe Youtube provides a place for people to 'find their tribe' and collaborate.

If you would like to take a peek my first (clearly nervous) videos... Please click HERE

As Youtube is 'all about the numbers' please feel free to hit 'Subscribe' and give the videos a 'Thumbs Up'. I would really appreciate it... Also, please leave a comment and let me know where you are from and what you think!

Happy You-tubing!




No comments

Back to Top