Elegance

Elegance
Elegance

Education

Education
Education

Experience

Experience
Experience

Material-ized


Hello Blog Buddies!

I would like to announce (with fanfare please...) that I have finally finished a project that I commenced a little over a year ago. So without further ado....

TA DAH!!


After applying several other models of organization to my fabric stash, (which all ended up being either difficult to access or, more importantly,....not pretty) I finally settled on the 'mini bolt' idea.


As fabric is often displayed in this way in material shops... I feel like I have a little fabric store, right in my very own house.


The fabric is actually wound onto card. And if you are a sewer or quilter and the thought of cutting cardboard to a specific size over one hundred times does your head in..... you will be elated to hear that you can buy it already done for you!


Yes! Sturdy card, cut to size.... and available through comic book stores. Yup! Comic book stores sell these perfectly sized cards to comic book collectors to help store their books in pristine order.


Once you have purchased your card )I bought mine online on ebay) ... you simply have to start winding your fabric. (I can attest that this task can be done whilst watching the complete series of 'Downton Abbey'.)

The best part has been 'sorting' my wound fabric into colors and/or themes. 

Reds... yellows... greens... spotty-dotty... Christmas....toile... the list has been endless

Another bonus is that you can see all the fabric you own and it is easily accessible. (No more 'doubles' of fabrics you had forgotten you had... Um, yes.... I have been known to do this) 


So now with task complete, I can sit back and enjoy the colors, patterns as well as the organizational model itself... (I love a system that works!)... I might even do the occasional 'walk by' just to run my hands over the fabric... just might...


And I will finish with this photo which I wanted to include purely because I wanted you to see I own a little yellow duck measuring tape...Too cute!!

Happy winding!!


No comments

Follow by Email

Back to Top